Modern Fleet Presentation (click here to learn more)
According to Hyster Company "… it is estimated that businesses waste over $1 billion in unnecessary expenses associated with materials handling equipment. Two major factors contributing to these costs include operating and maintenance expenses. Unfortunately, a recent study suggested that only 6% of end-users actually know what their real costs are while even fewer have fleet management programs in place to reduce this expense."
And how can businesses measure what they cannot count?
Consider how easy it is for your Company to answer the following questions;
- What is the optimum time to replace forklifts in specific applications at your facility, or at different facilities throughout the country?
- What does your fleet cost your company per hour?
- Can overall fleet cost be broken down by unit or categories that will help recognize areas of improvement before they become high cost issues?
- Do you track costs associated with misapplication / misuse of equipment?
- Do you track downtime costs?
- Does your fleet's current configuration contribute to increased productivity and utilization?
- Do you track how many pallets move through your warehouse?
Technology has advanced to the point where hour meter readings can be automatically sent to our service departments to schedule Planned Maintenance at the right time, completion of safety checklists can be mandated (before the lift can be operated), impacts, utilization and forklift speed can be tracked, and work flow can be analyzed to help warehouses move more pallets per hour.
All companies have different needs for their fleet, but we can design the right program for you. Even if your company utilizes an in-house maintenance department and are looking for help managing expenses, we have the system or technology partner to suit your needs.
Standard Fleet Products we offer locally and nationally;
Customized Planned Maintenance Programs designed around your application and requirements
- Customized Full Maintenance (monthly rate for all required service and repairs)
- Preferred Labor Rates
- Fleet Parts Pricing On all Brands of Aftermarket and OEM Forklift Parts
- Centralized Billing
- Centralized Dispatch
- Repair Cost Threshold Management
- Telemetry devices from Simple hour meter readings to complex fully integrated fleet management software
- Power by the Hour
- Fleet Surveys
- Fleet Consulting
- And many more.
Begin counting now with Modern Fleet. Our local team and national network of Trained Technicians, Branch Managers, Salespeople and Product Support Reps will help manage your large or small fleet to realize significant savings.
For more information call Dana Hopkins at 215-949-9237 today
for more or email him at Hopkinsd@moderngroup.com
Read Dana's article Equipment Age vs. Increased Cost of Maintenance
To lean more about Fleet Maintenance read Hyster's publication "10 Stategies to Help You Thrive in an Econmonic Downturn"